Two weeks before the start of the third year of the war, Russia carried out new drone attacks on Ukraine at night. The US Air Force said it shot down 14 of 17 unmanned aerial vehicles and one cruise missile.
All information about the war in Ukraine – day 719 – LIVE on HotNews.ro:
07:37 Ukraine’s air defense systems destroyed 14 out of 17 drones and an Kh-59 cruise missile launched by Russia overnight, the Air Force of Ukraine reported on Monday, Reuters reports.
The Air Force said Russia also fired missiles from S-300 long-range anti-aircraft missile systems, but did not specify how many or whether they hit any targets.
Oleg Synegubov, the governor of the Kharkiv region in northeastern Ukraine, said late Sunday that Russia had attacked his region with missiles fired from S-300 systems from Russia’s Belgorod region, which borders Ukraine.
He specified that, according to preliminary information, there were no victims, but the facades of some non-residential buildings were damaged.
The governor of Dnipropetrovsk region Serhii Lysak said on Sunday evening that Russia attacked the city of Pavlograd with drones. There are no reports of casualties, but some areas of the city remain without power.
Reuters says it could not independently verify this information.
A brief summary of recent events:
- “Horrible and crazy statements”: how the White House reacted to Donald Trump’s words about Russia’s attack on a NATO country.
- Decisive vote in the US Senate on aid to Ukraine
- NATO’s response to Donald Trump’s remarks last night: Any suggestion that allies will not defend each other undermines our shared security, including that of the United States, and puts American and European soldiers at greater risk.
- The Russian military uses Starlink on the Ukrainian front, Ukrainian special services confirm
- A Ukrainian accused of espionage died in a Russian prison
- The registration of Russian presidential candidates for the March elections has ended, TASS reported on Sunday, and the list includes Vladimir Putin and three other politicians who support the invasion of Ukraine. The list does not include Russian anti-war candidate Boris Nadezhdin, who was excluded by the Central Election Commission (CEC) on the grounds that they discovered errors in collecting his signatures.
- Fragments of the Shahed drone were discovered on Sunday on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, in the border zone with Ukraine, near the city of Etulia, in the Vulcanest district, the General Inspection of the Border Police (IGPF) of the republic reported. Moldova.
- On Monday, France, Germany and Poland will announce a joint action against Russian disinformation
Sunday’s events related to Russian aggression were broadcast LIVE on HotNews.ro
Source: Hot News
James Springer is a renowned author and opinion writer, known for his bold and thought-provoking articles on a wide range of topics. He currently works as a writer at 247 news reel, where he uses his unique voice and sharp wit to offer fresh perspectives on current events. His articles are widely read and shared and has earned him a reputation as a talented and insightful writer.